Thursday, February 12, 2009

Rude

I was standing at the bus stop with my kids this morning and we were enjoying the warmer air and the breeze, but then I felt a little uneasy and I wasn't sure why. Moments later I noticed three vultures circling over us and they were getting lower with each swoop. They're big birds, and why were they focused on us...what they heck? We're all showered and...you know... still living. My youngest hides under my arm, and I'm sniffing myself to see if their attention on us has any merit. I'm not bragging but I smelled good...in a not dead kind of way. Hey vultures, I'm offended.

5 comments:

The Salinas Family said...

Maybe there was a dead deer near by since you guys seem to live in the middle of "deer town". Either that or you just looked and smelled so good they wanted to eat you! :)

Caroline C. Bingham said...

Ugh, rude birds. In their defense, I bet you smelled delicious.

Ryan said...

It must be that new "roadkill" scented deodorant you've been using. Who makes that? Sure? Degree? Secret? That was a marketing idea gone very, very wrong.

I'm keeping my distance from you--at least when we're outdoors.

Miriam

Vanessa said...

That is terribly rude! lolololololol!!!

Cindy said...

Scary! I don't know that I have ever seen a vulture! I am not a fan of big birds. You never know what they are thinking.