Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Distraction

There are so many things that can distract a driver. I've heard of and/or done some of them myself. Eating, talking on the phone, picking your nose (my husband, not me), putting on make-up, texting, and I've even seen some people read. I know, READING, it just seems crazy to me. My best distraction is this:


This is the view from the drivers seat. I turn to check on the baby and he's staring at me with this sweet smile on his face. I say, "Mark, please? I'm trying to drive here. How can I look at the road when you're looking at me like that?" It doesn't help, he only smiles bigger because I'm talking to him and giving him attention. It's hard to force myself to look away for the sake of safety.




7 comments:

Ryan said...

You definitely need to upgrade your auto insurance.

Remind me to keep at least 3 cars behind you at all times.

Natalie said...

Okay, a couple thoughts here. First: I see you must be tall. I would have to lean the seat back and crane my neck to be able to see into a rear-facing car seat while driving. Second: Apparently, you left one driving distraction off your list--taking photos. And third: Wow! Yes, he's adorable. That's worth pulling over to enjoy more fully!

Adrian said...

With a smile like that I'd have already wrecked the car.

Vanessa said...

What a delicious distraction! So cute!

Krista said...

soooo cute! that's the best kind of distraction there is.

Susie said...

He is so cute! His face is almost 50% smile in those photos!

I had a professor in college who bragged about how he could read the whole front section of the newspaper before getting to work. Yikes.

East Coast Jenny said...

Susie, Justin's grandmother once said she had her best sleep while she was behind the wheel.