Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter








Easter dresses have always been a big deal to me. I grew up looking forward to shopping with my mom for the perfect dress. I loved the car ride, I loved going to lunch, and I loved the alone time with my mom...not to mention a new dress and shoes. Normally I search and shop for my girls and do my best in finding what I want for a price my husband can stand. So, this year I decided to really win some points with my husband and not spend a dime. I pulled out some fabric I had and made these dresses that don't coordinate, that don't excite the girls, made me neglect my house and kids for the better part of a day, and my husband didn't to the cartwheels I expected when he learned I didn't spend any money. Lesson learned. Next year I'm going shopping, taking the girls to lunch and dropping a hundred bucks.


In other news, we tried to take a family picture yesterday. Blerg. Mark is a gentle blur in most of the pictures, Laura really wants to take her dress off, I need to drop some pounds, and out of it all I think we ended up looking kind of normal.




















4 comments:

Becky said...

Precious Jenny! BTW, you are GORGEOUS and in no need of dropping pounds, unless you were referring to the child you were holding (and, in that case, dropping a child has never ended well)!

Adrian said...

At least you know what to do next year!! And Justin has lost all opportunity to gripe about cost. :)

Natalie said...

I think that first photo would look fabulous in black and white or sepia--it has a nice old-fashioned flavor to it.

Riley's said...

LOL The looks on your girls faces are priceless. Blow them up!