Friday, October 29, 2010

The Barn

Our barn on Stonebrook Farm, where I grew up.
We had chickens in there, all named Brittney. We had stake dances, Halloween parties, Ward Nativity/Christmas Programs in there. We would explore the indoor silos, climb and make forts out of hay bails, play basketball, swing, fight and run away and hide from the chores we were supposed to be doing. Looking back it just seems like one of those dreams you have over and over again. Those were great times in our family.

3 comments:

Jacque said...

We did so many of the same things, esp. hide in the barn from doing chores. Although none of our tough country chickens would have stood for a sissy name like Britney. Did yours poop out pink eggs???

East Coast Jenny said...

Jacaue, I don't truly laugh out loud too often while reading comments, but there you go. LOL!!! I wouldn't have wanted a sister so bad if my chickens made pink eggs.

SueAnn said...

I remember some good times in that barn!! When I drive by going to church, I still think that you live there and we are 10 again. Don't forget the mean geese by the stream!!